|Elevation (total climb)||130m|
|Dates run||13th-31st January 2021|
|Race designer||Chris Keen|
|Link to event on facebook|
Ok. Here goes. I’ve not done this before so please be gentle with me. I’ve been awarded the honour of setting the next route for the winter series. Given impending IT problems (I’m about to switch to a new phone) I’ve decided to post this now, while I know I still can. Hope that’s ok. Route details below, plus piccies of checkpoints, with thanks to my models Katelyn McKeown and Frank.Posted by Chris Keen on facebook 16/01/2021
Start/finish. Footbridge over River Sheaf, near Virgin gym, Broadfield Road. This was the starting point for the (in)famous Sheaf Skyline
- CP1. Maccy-d’s. Farm Road.
- CP2. Talbot Street, just above Park Hill Flats.
- CP3. The lovely incinerator, start point of the Unleashed in the East megaroute.
- CP4. Archway leading onto 5 weirs walk, Attercliffe Road.
- CP5. Spider Bridge, the end closest to Lady’s Bridge.
- CP6. Fagans legendary public house. Broad Lane.
- CP7. Sheffield Uni. Ella Armitage building, adjacent Brook Hill Roundabout/ university tram stop.
- CP8. Junction of Washington Road/ Sharrow Lane.
- CP9. Sainsbury’s, Sheldon Road.
I’ve probably missed some key info somewhere so just let me know if I have and I will attempt to rectify. Edit. Knew I had missed something…the bloody name. It was christened ‘Out on the town’. Rather ironically since none of us have been recently or will be for the foreseeable I will paste a link to my Strava effort in the comments box.
50 points for the fastest finisher. Everyone else gets a percentage – if the winning time is 1 hour and you take 2 hours, you get 25 points.
This race is now closed – you can still run it for fun.
All Time Course Personal Bests (PBs)
You can still submit your time to this website if you’d like to see your time recorded alongside everyone else’s – use the link in the right-hand sidebar. If you’ve run this course as part of the NTCLCGP race series your time should already be there.