These virtual races have been designed for running in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Individuals who choose to make use of the resources on this website take full responsibility for their own safety (routes, hazards, weather conditions, personal safety etc.) and compliance with the latest government guidance.
|Distance||10km (typical value)|
|Elevation (total climb)||266m (typical value)|
|Dates run||23rd August -12th September 2021|
Submit times by 14th September
|Race designer||Sid Fletcher (co-starring Katelyn McKeown)|
Ok folks the end of season 3 is finally upon us. All hail the beast of the South East – This is the Hollinsend!
This final route links Caths Shirebrook shimmy with some bits of the Gleadless Valley Gallop Its nice and simple- a checkpoint only circular route.
The start and end point is Gleadless Valley’s iconic “Holy Cross church. Please follow the checkpoints in order – these are designed to get you to the off the beaten track points on the route.
In true NTCLC spirit there are a few corners to be cut. Naturally it’s up toyou guys to work them out and of course there are many Strava segments to be nabbed along the way.
Keeping with the other challenging routes of the season there is a mixture of terran -road ,trail, muddy bits, wooded heathland and not forgetting brutalist architecture and residential for good measure You’ll also be please to note the wonderful gradient from Holy Cross to Bathtub (No matter what route you take ) Certainly gets the blood flowing
Enjoy yourselves out there folks (disclaimer – at your own risk/peril)
Checkpoints – What 3 Words
- Start/THE END – HOLY CROSS GLEADLESS VALLEY – store.alien.monks
- CP1 – SHIREBROOK BATHTUB – folds.cool.shield
- CP2 – HIDDEN SPORT COURT – flips.decks.lamps
- CP3 – FOX LANE SALT BIN – coast.rats.swung
- CP4 – FRECHEVILLE POND – update.rank.remain
- CP5 – JACK IN THE BOX – chair.truck.inches
- CP6 – WICKFIELD HEATH BENCH – edit.comb.hammer
- CP7 -TREE OF NO LIFE – take.career.finest
- CP8 -STEELERS SPORTS BAR – smart.regard.offer
- CP9 – HURLFIELD LANE CROSSROADS – share.inspector.trails
One possible route…
- Up Chatsworth Park Road
- Hollinsend Park Dash
- Hollinsend Road to Townend
- To Hollinsend Road
- Gleadless Road Sprint
- This is the Hollinsend- Gleadless road
- This is the Hollinsend- sneaky short cut
- This is the Hollinsend- Red Lion to Sports court
50 points for fastest time. Everyone else gets a percentage – if the winning time is 1 hour and you take 2 hours, you get 25 points. Plus a 5 point bonus for collecting some rubbish either on a recce or the race.
Record your scores with this google form before 14th September please. If you don’t submit by 14th September you won’t get any points.