These virtual races have been designed for running in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Individuals who choose to make use of the resources on this website take full responsibility for their own safety (routes, hazards, weather conditions, personal safety etc.) and compliance with the latest government guidance.
|Distance||Short course: 7.5km|
Medium course: 10.5km
Long course: 13km
|Elevation (total climb)||300m|
|Dates run||Friday 18th December 2020 – Sunday 3rd January 2021|
|Race designer||Sid Fletcher|
|Link to event on facebook||https://www.facebook.com/events/396007001512536|
A challenging mixed route of road and trail. With plenty of ascents and occasional difficult terrain against a varied backdrop of urban regeneration and industrial decay any of these routes will get you out of the house over the festive period – a lot of this area can be remote so you may wish to buddy up being as though we can now be out to a maximum of 6 people*Sid Fletcher on Facebook
*Correct at the time of writing, but superseded by later lockdown regulations
As is his wont, Sid went a bit mad creating segments for this course…
- Sids Ski Village Special – Medium and long
- Sids Ski Village special – Long route
- Sids Ski Village special -long route- Park Hill to Wardsend Cemetery
- Sids Ski Village Special- long route -PArk Hill to Binstead
- Sids Ski Village Special -all routes – Parkwood to Viewpoint
- Sids Ski Village Special – All routes -Park Hill to Kelham
- Sids Ski Village Special – all routes -Park Hill to Viewpoint
- Sids Ski Village Special- all routes- Rutland Road to Viewpoint
- Sids Ski Village special -all routes – ski village to viewpoint
- Sids Ski Village Special- The right hand slope
- Sids Ski Village Special -all routes-Kelham – Wickes
- Sids Ski Village Special – All routes-Blonk Street – wharncliffe works
- Sids Ski Village Special -All routes to Park Hill
- Sids Ski Village Special – All routes to Bridgehouses
- Sids Ski Village Special -Long/ Medium -tip to Rutland Road
- Sids Ski Village Special- Scraith Wood to the tip
- Sids Ski Village Special -all routes – Park Hill to Parkwood
- Sids Ski Village Special – all routes to Stanley Tools
- Sids Ski Village special – Wardsend Cemetery to Herries
- Sids Ski Village Special -all routes to Victoria Quays
Long route: 50 points for fastest time. Everyone else gets a percentage – if the winning time is 1 hour and you take 2 hours, you get 25 points.
Medium route: 35 points for the fastest time.
Short route: There weren’t any entrants so we didn’t have to worry.
This race is now closed – you can still run it for fun.